A fun look into LifeChicks-tips for spiritual, emotional, and pratical help for women of in all stages and walks of life.



Great Weekend!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...








Hey everyone!
I just wanted to recap what a wonderful weekend we had! Our family joined the networkers for the feed out on Desiard St. Saturday afternoon. What a humbling experience to be God's hands out stretched to those beautiful people shivering in the cold. We experienced some of the lowest temps this winter on Saturday, so how cool to see that God knew we needed to be out there offering something that not only would warm the body, but change the soul. I know we fed at least 57, possibly more. We were able to encourage and pray for several people as well. Brad came and played some great music. Please join in prayer with us for the ability to reach out to the hurting in our community. Joel and I both believe that nothing would please God more than for us to find a way to shine a permanent light of hope into the despair that envelops the 5-points area. What I am saying is, we would love to find a way to be down there on a more consistent basis. I want to ask you to do 2 things for me, ok?
1. Get involved with Networkers and the community outreaches they do. Just click to learn more about them, or contact Randy or Jayne Lewis.
2. Agree in prayer with us for an open door to do something greater in the 5 Points area.


We also had a fantastic Sunday morning with Luke Walters sharing about hearing God. The Walters are missionaries to Sri Lanka, and surrounding countries. If you weren't there be sure and pick up the CD so you can hear his message. Luke and Sandy are great people, who have a burning passion to reach the lost. We are always inspired and challenged when we can spend time with them. Nothing like being with family.

Our Chick Night was a huge success! We had 28 ladies there, and it was so much fun. Cheryle Lopez did a phenomenal job with Charm and Grace. Not only did we learn alot about etiquette, but we laughed and enjoyed a challenging word that encouraged us to be the very best we can be for Jesus. We should always conduct ourselves in a manner that brings glory to God, and befitting for a godly lady. Thanks, Cheryle for an outstanding job-your word was relevant and presented in a fresh way!

Kyla Hibbard got super blessed by winning 3, yes I said 3! of our really cool doorprizes. Remember, that you get 2 extra tickets for each person you bring next month. We'll announce soon exactly what our next Chick night will be.

We also had a wonderful supper of lasagna, salad, green beans, garlic bread and brownies with icecream for dessert! The food was great, and I think everyone had a great time. I know I can't wait until next month!


1 Responses to “Great Weekend!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey, that is so awsome to serve in that area of minstry.were in agreement for a meeting place in that area.we are so blessed,to be a part of networkers!!!!!!! love ya,

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Angel Turner Dyke
  • From Northeastern, Louisiana, United States
  • I am a full time professional artist from Northern Louisiana. My creativity takes many forms,but mainly New Orleans inspired art as well as contemporary abstraction. I never take my self to seriously and love to laugh. I live in the country with my husband and 2 beautiful daughters, and work out of my studio.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3