A fun look into LifeChicks-tips for spiritual, emotional, and pratical help for women of in all stages and walks of life.



I'll be a lap dog for Jesus


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Joel preached a wonderful message today on Great Faith- it really ministered to me.
Matthew 15:27 (New International Version)
27"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."
The reference where Jesus called the woman a dog-- the scripture literally means a " lap dog"
Now those of you who know me, know how much I love my puppies.
Last night Peanut--who is a rescued street mutt was insistently waiting as I prepared dinner for after church. Unfortunately for him, we are trying to be healthy and have been vegging it if we are eating. Peanut kept gazing at me intently as I chopped squash, new potatoes, then onto stringing the green beans. Knowing I didn't have a little scrap of something he would like I ignored him. After about 15 minutes he decided to become a bit more aggressive with his petition, and let out a little bark. Not nasty, or rude-just one of those "hey I am here barks!"
To which I shushed him up and continued on with my work. The barks became a bit more assertive and more frequent, until he would woof every 5 minutes or so. Finally, I decided OK Then! If you want it that bad you can have it!
And Peanut was rewarded with raw squash and onions..
which didn't matter at all to him because he had succeded.
If Peanut can cause me to be moved, how much more can we touch the heart of our Heavenly Father by having a lap dog mentality and pressing in, knowing our Daddy loves us and wants the best for His daughters?
Think about it!



0 Responses to “I'll be a lap dog for Jesus”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Angel Turner Dyke
  • From Northeastern, Louisiana, United States
  • I am a full time professional artist from Northern Louisiana. My creativity takes many forms,but mainly New Orleans inspired art as well as contemporary abstraction. I never take my self to seriously and love to laugh. I live in the country with my husband and 2 beautiful daughters, and work out of my studio.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3