A fun look into LifeChicks-tips for spiritual, emotional, and pratical help for women of in all stages and walks of life.



!Leading- the letter D: take a dare!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





D is for daring.

I know most of us think that being a risk-taker is so unfeminine--but that is exactly what so many notable Godly women in the Bible did! To be a woman of God you have to never let yourself get comfortable with not stretching out and taking huge risks for God. When I was a younger chick, I just loved adventure! My whole married life has been one incredible journey with many turns and twists filled with all kind of suspense, drama and adventure. Now that I am getting closer to 40 (oh, did I really say that?) I find it much easier to get "settled in" than I used to.

Think about Sarah--wow, she did get in trouble for the laughing thing but imagine her being willing to follow Abraham on his journey while God lead him all over. Old Abe was 75 years old when he decided to pack up and set out on this journey, leaving everything familar behind to follow God's leading. Sarah went right along behind him, no wonder she is mentioned in the word for being so submissive...

Genesis 12:1-4, “Now the LORD had said to Abram: 'Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.' So Abram departed as the LORD had spoken to him, and Lot went with him. And Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran.”

Then we have Rebekah, who didn't mind watering camels for a stranger and setting off to find her "true love" without ever seeing him. How many of us would be that daring?

Ruth of course, decided to be daring enough to stick it out with her mother-in-law after her husband had died and she really didn't have to put up with that mil anymore. She also wasn't a weenie and got out there in the fields to do manual labor where only men hung out, and she was a minority that was frowned upon. But most of all she snuck in and laid at Boaz's feet -- that is way out there daring. God rewarded her for it and she was grafted in to the genealogy of Jesus.


Then you've got Rahab the harlot, hiding God's people in her house and letting scarlet ropes down the windows in the midst of war. Imagine being her--that had to be incredible.

Hannah risked her "dignity" to speak out in faith to the priest and voice her petition for a child.

The of course we have Mary who took a huge risk to be willing to allow God to fulfill her destiny.Think about it! Being Daring is a key element to being a leading lady! Tell me the steps you taken to be daring in your passionate pursuit of Christ.

Love you all-- have a great week!
A


0 Responses to “!Leading- the letter D: take a dare!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Angel Turner Dyke
  • From Northeastern, Louisiana, United States
  • I am a full time professional artist from Northern Louisiana. My creativity takes many forms,but mainly New Orleans inspired art as well as contemporary abstraction. I never take my self to seriously and love to laugh. I live in the country with my husband and 2 beautiful daughters, and work out of my studio.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3